The McKinney Boyd High School Band Boosters is the organization that supports our band students and includes ALL parents. It allows the band directors to focus on developing the talent of our students by coordinating activities for the band and by providing additional resources where necessary. We work closely with the band directors, who are also members of the Band Boosters Board, to assist them in whatever way possible.
In this day of cut backs and fund decreases, it is essential that we supplement the limited funds that are allocated to the band budget in order to enhance the educational experience of our students. The best thing you can do is become active in the Boosters. That doesn’t mean you have to volunteer for everything, but your participation is encouraged and appreciated. It takes an army of volunteers to make things run smoothly for the band and although they won’t admit it, your kids actually like having their parents involved in some band activities!
The Band Boosters provide:
- Scholarship opportunities for students
- Costs associated with the creation of the marching drills which have been as much as $x,000 in previous years
- Additional band directors for sectional groups during band camp and instructors to help during marching and concert seasons
- Volunteers that work as chaperones and coordinate band activities for our students (e.g. Summer Band party)
- Newsletters throughout the year
- New equipment as needed
- Custom music arrangements
- Color Guard instructor salaries
- Camp for Drum Majors
- TMEA Convention for Band Directors
- Other support as needed
Most importantly, benefits of participation include the satisfaction of knowing that you have done your share in the support of your child in the band.
We the McKinney Boyd Bronco Band, stand for:
- Doing the right thing all the time
- Lasting friendship that drive common goals
- Exceeding expectations in all endeavors
Why join the Boosters?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!